Top 5 Advantages of Wheel Loaders
The wheel loader is a kind of earth moving machinery widely used in highway and railway construction. However, do you know what the advantages of wheel loaders are?
Top 5 Advantages of wheel loaders
In an open pit mine with suitable conditions, the advantages of using a wheel loader can be highlighted in the following aspects:
1. The wheel loader has fast walking speed, short working cycle time and high loading efficiency. According to the mine calibration data, the pre-installed speed of the bucket capacity of 5~8m3 can reach over 35km/h, 30~90 times faster than the electric shovel, each working cycle only needs 40~45s, the average production capacity of the shift can reach 3500~4000t, the average labor productivity can be increased by 50%~100%.
2. The dead weight of the wheel loader is relatively light, which is equivalent to 1/8~1/6 of the quality of the same bucket capacity excavator, saving a lot of steel. The manufacturing cost is only 1/4~1/3 of that of the excavator, and the price is lower than that of the excavator.
3. The wheel loader has strong climbing ability and good maneuverability and flexibility, which can be used for loading operation on the slope working face not allowed by the excavator, especially in the new mine construction site which is short of power, so as to speed up the development and construction of the mine and shorten the construction period.
4. The depreciation life of the wheel loader is only 1/4~1/8 of that of the excavator. After working for 5 ~ 6 years, the machine can be replaced with new and more advanced equipment, which is convenient for mine management and maintenance and is conducive to the upgrading of equipment.
5. The wheel loader is easier to operate than the excavator, which can shorten the training time for the driver. Meanwhile, a loader only needs one driver to operate, which can save manpower, material and financial resources.
However, there are also some disadvantages in wheel loaders production
1. The wheel loader, especially the mini loader or small wheel loader has a weak digging capacity. When the blasting quality is poor and there are large blocks, its working efficiency will be significantly reduced. The materials with strong viscosity need to be loosened before shoveling and other auxiliary operations.
2. Compared with the excavator, the working mechanism of the wheel loader is smaller in size; Due to the limitation of safety conditions, it is not suitable to work in the face with higher blasting pile, and the height of stope steps shall generally not exceed 12m.
3. The loader tires wear faster, shorter service life. In recent years, although some measures such as adding a protective link or adopting pad track board can reduce tire wear, the tire life is only about 1500h, and the tire cost still accounts for a large proportion (about 40%~50%, even as high as 60%) in the cost of production equipment.
Above knowledge are the advantages and disadvantages of wheel loaders. I hope you can choose the appropriate loader according to the actual situation of your project.
Now It’s Your Turn
I hoped you enjoyed my suggestion on the advantages and disadvantages of wheel loaders.
If you’re a new loader operator, this article (15 Tips On How To Operate A Front End Loader Safely) is ready for you
Let me know by leaving a quick comment.